Thea Foundation Seeks New Director of Communications
Thea Foundation’s Director of Communications is responsible for all communications and marketing content of Thea Foundation programs, events, philanthropic endeavors, and outreach to the public and media, including but not limited to social media, media appearances, donor relations, budget management, media buying, writing copy for print and digital media, website management, and coordinating printed materials.
The Director of Communications position is a full-time, salaried position at Thea Foundation’s North Little Rock offices in downtown Argenta. During the pandemic, we have worked remotely and the new Director of Communications will also work remotely until we continue work in our offices pending the circulation of vaccines in 2021.
- Consistently notify the public and/or media of Thea events/program updates/news via social media and communications to TV, radio, print and web media outlets.
- Write copy for print and digital content to be disseminated by Thea website, email newsletters, press releases, fliers, mail, advertisings, social media, etc.
- Coordinate publication of printed and digital materials for events, including banners, menus, programs, invitations, websites, videos, etc.
- Display a moderate to high level of comfort in public speaking during gallery tours, news segments, school visits, and other public engagements that arise.
- Seek and write in-depth stories about the impact of Thea’s programs including: Thea’s Scholarship program, Thea’s Art Closet, and Arts Reconstruction. Coordinate photography and video elements as needed.
- Organize and produce quarterly Thea’s Art Department events, including booking artists, organizing vendors, finding volunteers and publicizing the events.
- Organize and produce Thea Paves the Way, including coordinating volunteers, event set-up, teacher communications, and marketing to the press.
- Creatively manage and curate content for social media sites and stay up-to-date on trends and developments in social media: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube.
- Oversee the foundation’s branding and be sure that all content going out of the foundation aligns with our “look” and message.
- Create and maintain web content for Thea Foundation websites and event pages, including theafoundation.org and Facebook event pages.
- Collaborate with Executive Director to create and honor annual marketing budget, while using this budget to devise an annual strategic plan and to purchase ads for programs, events and fundraisers.
- Be able to work independently and execute projects without need of micromanagement.
- When work can continue in-person, assist in daily office staff responsibilities, including but not limited to answering phones, answering doors, and greeting visitors.
- Maintain and grow relationships with local editors, reporters, news anchors and other media personalities and regularly pitch stories in order to further the reach of Thea Foundation’s mission and work.
- Act as an executor and point-person for year-end giving campaigns, including Thea’s Day of Giving, as well as other ad or fundraising campaigns as they arise.
- Support co-workers in a communications and/or marketing capacity as needed.
- Attend and work Thea fundraisers and events, including but not limited to Into the Blue, Blue Plate Special, scholarship awards ceremony, Art Department receptions, Art Walks, donor recognition events and Thea Paves the Way.
- 5 or more years of experience in communications, marketing or a related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or a related field.
- Knowledge of Adobe software is a plus, but not required.
Qualified candidates may email their résumé and cover letter to Nick Leopoulos (firstname.lastname@example.org).